Posted on: 2 November 2020
When your shingles wear out, choosing the right material to replace them can be a challenge. One of the best options you will want to consider is metal roofing, which also has many options. So, what type of metal roofing solutions will you choose to replace your asphalt shingles?
Simple Layover Solutions With Metal Panels
When you have worn asphalt shingles, roof replacements usually require the old materials to be torn off. This is a costly process that can make any roof replacement project costly. Therefore, one of the options that you may want to consider to reduce the cost of replacement is installing metal panels. There are things to consider when using metal roofing panels to cover the old shingles, which include:
- Inspect for structural damage to decide if a tear-off is needed
- Installing panels on slats for air circulation and better efficiency
- Choose from many different styles of panels for your new roof
Remember that installing these materials over an existing roof can be a great option
Installing A Raised Seam Metal Roof On Your Home
Raised seam roofs are extremely durable roofing solutions that you will want to consider for your home. This is because these materials have a design that protects the roof from potential problems with wear, leaks, and damage. Some of the options for installing a standing seam metal roof on your home include:
- Different metals and durable finishes to choose from for your roof
- Options for custom designs and features for your new roof
- Add durable underlayments and rubber reinforcements to reduce wear
- Options for additional exterior features that match the new roofing
When you want a durable roofing solution for your home, these standing seam systems are a good choice.
Decorative Metal Roofing Designs For A Traditional Look
Another option that you may want for your home is decorative roofing tiles. These are special metal shingles that are stamped with different forms to give your home style. Some of the metal tile options to consider for your home include:
- Stamped shingles for a conventional look
- Textured profiles for metal tiles that enhance the appearance
- Decorative shingles with raw metal finishes and a more traditional look
Stamped metal shingles are excellent to give your home an attractive roof with decorative materials.
Metal is a versatile material that can be used to enhance the durability and efficiency of your roof. Call a residential metal roofing service like Pacific Sheet Metal and ask about these options for the roof of your home.Share