Posted on: 31 December 2014
One of the best parts of summer is swimming at the pool. If you combine that with a party, you will have a winner. While you can have a plain pool party, it will be a lot more fun if you have a theme. Here are eight things you can do to turn your pool party into a beach party.
1. Decorate your hot tub. Measure the circumference of your hot tub, then purchase some colorful garland or some grass skirts (cut them at one end so they become one long piece). These decorations look great on Jacuzzi hot tubs.
2. Purchase beach toys. You can get some beach balls, inflatable lounge chairs or rafts, surf boards, or a pool volleyball set. Make sure you have plenty for all of your guests, though not more than your pool can handle. You don't want your guests to feel too crowded.
3. Fill a plastic pool with sand. If you are going to have some young guests, make a sand pit in a smaller pool. Place it in the corner where the sand won't get in your water, preferably near a hose. Put some sand buckets and shovels inside. You can add a little water to the sand if you want your guests to be able to make sand castles.
4. Plan your menu. Serve foods like:
- fruit kebabs
- finger sandwiches
- frozen watermelon margaritas (with toothpick umbrellas, of course)
- pina coladas
- ice cream cones
- hot dogs or hamburgers
- cold water bottles
- raw vegetables with salad dressing
5. Make homemade decorations. You can fill glass vases with sand and seashells, create a garland with tissue paper fans taped to a string, place beach towels on your chairs, and hang colorful light strands. You can also decorate with brightly colored tissue paper pom-poms or paper bag luminarias. You don't need to go overboard, but adding some colorful decorations will make your pool feel more like a beach.
6. Create a changing station. Choose which bathroom you would like everyone to use and let your guests know where it is. Remove all personal items and put out some lotion, soap, and other toiletries.
7. Anticipate your guest's needs. Put out plenty of sunscreen, towels, sun umbrellas, straw sun hats, and sunglasses.
8. Relax. Remember that this party is for you, too. Once you have prepared everything, mingle and have fun. If you want to really enjoy the party, hire a few teenagers to take care of the food and drinks. They can even serve frozen treats to the people soaking in the hot tub or resting on the lounge chairs.
Next summer, turn your pool party into a beach party. Your friends will talk about it for years to come!Share